9. Relation -- N. relation, bearing, reference, connection, concern, cognation; correlation &c 12; analogy; similarity &c 17; affinity, homology, alliance, homogeneity, association; approximation &c (nearness) 197; filiation &c (consanguinity) 11; interest; relevancy &c 23; dependency, relationship, relative position.
10. [Want, or absence of relation.] Irrelation -- N. irrelation , dissociation; misrelation ; inapplicability; inconnection ; multifariousness; disconnection &c (disjunction) 44; inconsequence, independence; incommensurability; irreconcilableness &c (disagreement) 24; heterogeneity; unconformity &c 83; irrelevancy, impertinence, nihil ad rem [Lat.] ; intrusion &c 24; non-pertinence.
11. [Relations of kindred.] Consanguinity -- N. consanguinity, relationship, kindred, blood; parentage &c (paternity) 166; filiation , affiliation; lineage, agnation , connection, alliance; family connection, family tie; ties of blood; nepotism.
12. [Double or reciprocal relation.] Correlation -- N. reciprocalness &c adj. ; reciprocity, reciprocation; mutuality, correlation, interdependence, interrelation, connection, link, association; interchange &c 148; exchange, barter.
13. Identity -- N. identity, sameness; coincidence, coalescence; convertibility; equality &c 27; selfness , self, oneself; identification.
14. [Noncoincidence.] Contrariety -- N. contrariety, contrast, foil, antithesis, oppositeness; contradiction; antagonism &c (opposition) 708; clashing, repugnance.