455. [The desire of knowledge.] Curiosity -- N. interest, thirst for knowledge, thirst for truth; curiosity, curiousness; inquiring mind; inquisitiveness.
456. [Absence of curiosity.] Incuriosity -- N. incuriosity, incuriousness &c adj.; insouciance &c 866; indifference, lack of interest, disinterest.
457. Attention -- N. attention; mindfulness, presence of mind &c adj.; intentness, intentiveness ; alertness; thought &c 451; advertence, advertency ; observance, observation; consideration, reflection, perpension ; heed; heedfulness; particularity; notice, regard &c v.; circumspection, diligence &c (care) 459; study, scrutiny inspection, introspection; revision, revisal.
458. Inattention -- N. inattention, inconsideration; inconsiderateness &c adj.; oversight; inadvertence, inadvertency, nonobservance, disregard.
459. Care [Vigilance.] -- N. care, solicitude, heed; heedfulness &c adj.; scruple &c (conscientiousness) 939.
460. Neglect -- N. neglect; carelessness &c adj.; trifling &c v.; negligence; omission, oversight, laches [Law] , default; supineness &c (inactivity) 683; inattention &c 458; nonchalance &c (insensibility) 823; imprudence, recklessness &c 863; slovenliness &c (disorder) 59, (dirt) 653; improvidence &c 674; noncompletion &c 730; inexactness &c (error) 495.
461. Inquiry [Subject of Inquiry. Question] -- N. inquiry; request &c 765; search, research, quest, pursuit &c 622.
462. Answer -- N. answer, response, reply, replication, riposte, rejoinder, surrejoinder , rebutter, surrebutter , retort, repartee; rescript, rescription ; antiphon , antiphony; acknowledgment; password; echo; counter statement.
463. Experiment -- N. experiment; essay &c (attempt) 675; analysis &c (investigation) 461; screen; trial, tentative method, t=atonnement.
464. Comparison -- N. comparison, collation, contrast; identification; comparative estimate, relative estimate, relativity.
464a. Incomparability [Lack of comparison] -- N. incomparability; incommensurability; indistinguishablility &c 465.1.
465. [results of comparison. 1] Discrimination -- N. discrimination, distinction, differentiation, diagnosis, diorism ; nice perception; perception of difference, appreciation of difference; estimation &c 466; nicety, refinement; taste &c 850; critique, judgment; tact; discernment &c (intelligence) 498; acuteness, penetration; nuances.
465a. [results of comparison. 2] Indiscrimination -- N. indiscrimination , indistinguishability; indistinctness, indistinction ; uncertainty &c (doubt) 475; incomparability &c 464.1.
465b. [results of comparison. 3] Identification -- N. identification, recognition, diagnosis, match; apperception, assimilation; dereplication; classification; memory &c 505; interpretation &c 522; cognizance (knowledge) 490.