37. Addition -- N. addition, annexation, adjection ; junction &c 43; superposition, superaddition, superjunction , superfetation; accession, reinforcement; increase &c 35; increment, supplement; accompaniment &c 88; interposition &c 228; insertion &c 300.
38. Nonaddition. Subtraction -- N. subtraction, subduction ; deduction, retrenchment; removal, withdrawal; ablation, sublation ; abstraction &c (taking) 789; garbling, &c v.. mutilation, detruncation ; amputation; abscission, excision, recision; curtailment &c 201; minuend, subtrahend; decrease &c 36; abrasion.
39. [Thing added] Adjunct -- N. adjunct; addition, additament ; additum [Lat.] , affix, appelidage , annexe , annex; augment, augmentation; increment, reinforcement, supernumerary, accessory, item; garnish, sauce; accompaniment &c 88; adjective, addendum; complement, supplement; continuation.
40. [Thing remaining.] Remainder -- N. remainder, residue; remains, remanent, remnant, rest, relic; leavings, heeltap , odds and ends, cheesepairings , candle ends, orts ; residuum; dregs &c (dirt) 653; refuse &c (useless) 645; stubble, result, educt ; fag-end; ruins, wreck, skeleton., stump; alluvium.
40a. [Thing deducted.] Decrement -- N. decrement, discount, defect, loss, deduction; afterglow; eduction ; waste.
41. [Forming a whole without coherence.] Mixture -- N. mixture, admixture, commixture, commixtion ; commixion , intermixture, alloyage , matrimony; junction &c 43; combination &c 48; miscegenation.
42. [Freedom from mixture.] Simpleness -- N. simpleness &c adj.; purity, homogeneity.
43. Junction -- N. junction; joining &c v.; joinder [Law] , union connection, conjunction, conjugation; annexion , annexation, annexment ; astriction , attachment, compagination , vincture , ligation, alligation ; accouplement ; marriage &c (wedlock,) 903; infibulation , inosculation , symphysis [Anat.] , anastomosis, confluence, communication, concatenation; meeting, reunion; assemblage &c 72.
44. Disjunction -- N. disjunction, disconnection, disunity, disunion, disassociation, disengagement; discontinuity &c 70; abjunction ; cataclasm ; inconnection ; abstraction, abstractedness; isolation; insularity, insulation; oasis; island; separateness &c adj.; severalty; disjecta membra [Lat.] ; dispersion &c 73; apportionment &c 786.
46. Coherence -- N. coherence, adherence, adhesion, adhesiveness; concretion accretion; conglutination, agglutination, agglomeration; aggregation; consolidation, set, cementation; sticking, soldering &c v.; connection; dependence.
47. [Want of adhesion, nonadhesion, immiscibility.] Incoherence -- N. nonadhesion ; immiscibility; incoherence; looseness &c adj.; laxity; relaxation; loosening &c v.; freedom; disjunction &c 44; rope of sand.
48. Combination -- N. combination; mixture &c 41; junction &c 43; union, unification, synthesis, incorporation, amalgamation, embodiment, coalescence, crasis , fusion, blending, absorption, centralization.